6.10.2010

Celebrate Recovery Lesson 18: Grace (Notes from tonights meeting)

Principle 6 - Evaluate all my relationships; Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others except when to do so would harm them or others.

"Happy are the merciful" "Happy are the peacemakers"
Matthew 5:7 and 5:9

Step 9 -
9) Made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. (Matthew 5:23-24)

God's Gift - 1 Peter 1:13

Receive by our faith - Ephesians 2:8-9

Accepted by God's love - Matthew 6:14

C
hrist paid the price - Ephesians 1:7

E
verlasting gift - Philippians 1:6

In what ways have you experienced God's GRACE in your recovery?

As I begin my journey in recovery I have received God's gift of grace by faith not by my works. I have been accepted by God's love that Christ paid for so that I may have this gift forever until the day that Jesus returns. In my recovery it is only through God's grace that I will be able to overcome my hurts, habits and hangups.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - His grace is enough

Additional Scriptures/ Notes to Read:

Gifts are given w/o getting in return - Romans 3:12
1 Peter 1:13
Not by works - Ephesians 2:8-9
Trusting Christ & counting on Him alone - Philippians 3:9
Romans 5:2
Lord forgave you - Colossians 3:13
Hebrews 4:16
Ephesians 1:7
2 Thessalonians 2:16



No comments:

Post a Comment