6.17.2010

The Steps I Took

a cute poem I found online this evening.....

Step One, and I began to moan, I cannot do this on my own.

Then took Step Two, began to pray, “Restore me God, I ask today.”

I took Step Three, gave up my will. Just maybe God will love me still.

Step Four, I am not off the hook. A searching, careful, honest look.

And on the Fifth, I said aloud, “I’ve done some harm, and I’m not proud.”

I took Step Six, and got prepared to be set free, yet I was scared.

Asked God on Seven: “Take them away, all my defects, this I pray.”

And on the Eighth, the list was long, recognizing all the wrong.

I took Step Nine, put down my pride. Made amends, no time to hide.

Step Ten, each day I cannot slack, I pray to God, “Keep me on track.”

On Eleven, I seek to know: God’s will each day, which way to go.

Step Twelve, it is New Life indeed. I’ll spread the Word to those in need.

~Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment