6.17.2010

Daily Inventory

I learned of the Daily Inventory this evening at CR and I was intrigued by the offerings it had to my recovery. I am going to begin to complete a review of my day each evening. Statistic shows that a relapse happens 2 weeks to a month before the actual relapse. It begins emotionally in the mind. I know that my anger and my anxiety have triggers (my depression and other issues may also).

In my journaling I am in hopes that I can see the triggers before I have a major meltdown or blowup. Or if I miss them I can look back and see if there are other issues. (Just a thought) Besides I will be doing it later on anyway...

  • Things I did well today :

    I attended CR this evening and participated in group

  • Things I messed up today:

    I snapped at my children to quickly when they were not listening. I believe they were at fault however my full fledged yelling (that upset them) was not the punishment that was equal to the wrong doing

  • This is how I responded

    I have just began this inventory and I have not been able to respond to my mess up promptly today. However I will intentionally discuss this with the children tomorrow morning and let them know that I am sorry and that I was wrong in yelling at them when I did.

Note: I need to remember that I need to count to 10 for me, not for them to do what they are told!

No comments:

Post a Comment