6.16.2010

The choices to heal your life


Jesus 8 principles based on the Beatitudes for healing and happiness are the basis for the 8 choices in the book Life's Healing choices by John Baker.



"Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor"

We do not have the power to control our hurts, habits and hang ups on our own. When we can admit this God can begin his healing work in our lives.

Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to him, and that he has the power to help me recover.

"Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted"

We are important to God, we find great comfort in knowing that He has the power to change us and our situation.

Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control.

"Happy are the meek"

We commit our lives to Christ, we become a new person. We can finally give up trying to control ourselves and others. We replace our willpower with our willingness to accept God's power.

Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself, and to someone I trust.

"Happy are the pure in heart"

We need to admit all the wrongs of our past and present. We do this by writing it all down and sharing it with another person in order to have a clear conscience, in order to deal with our guilt and have a pure heart.

Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.

"Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires"

We submit to all the changes God wants us to make in our lives and we humbly ask Him to go to work in our lives to bring about the needed changes.

Evaluate all my relationships; Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done to others except when to do so would harm them or others.

"Happy are the merciful" "Happy are the peacemakers"

We do our best to restore our relationships. We offer forgiveness to the people who have hurt us, and make amends to the people we have hurt.

Reserve a daily time with God for self examination, Bible readings and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.

We maintain these daily habits of spending time with God in order to keep our recovery on track.

Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and by my words.

"Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires"

We have found freedom from our hurts, hangups and habits through God's grace and living these eight principles. Now that we have been changed by God we yield ourselves to be used by Him as we share our story and serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment