6.28.2010

Inventory of Today


Quiet time review of my day confessing my failures and celebrating my victories.


The following are the victories I celebrate today:

Today I wrote out my frustrations instead of getting on the phone with my ex-husband.

I got the kiddos to VBS and took a moment to say hello to a few people instead of rushing through like I was in a hurry.

I spent good quality time with the boys today.

I picked up the phone and called a friend. I was honest about my feelings too.

(Oh I forgot to write last Friday and share that I got to openly speak with my husband and let him know the things I am dealing with. Since them I was able to finish the first chapter of Life's Choices and I am beginning Lesson 1 Denial.)

The following are my confessions of failure:

I spent too much time thinking about the frustrations of my day in my head

I spent too much time worrying about things of the future

I was unable to to pull myself out of my funk I fell into later this afternoon

This is how I responded or will respond:

I wrote about my frustrations in my ongoing journal. I prayed to God to give them to him. I took a nap to try to forget about it. I kept on reminding myself that I am not in control of the situation.

Lessons learned .....

Not arguing and keeping my frustrations under control is very exhausting.

-Did I Read My Bible? yes
-Did I Pray? yes
-Did I Meditate on His word? no
-Did I write in my Gratitude Journal? yes
-Did I complete a Self Examination? yes


Watch & pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment