6.27.2010

Inventory of my day ...............



Quiet time review of my day confessing my failures and celebrating my victories.


The following are the victories I celebrate today:

Today I got out of bed! I got myself together and my children ready and tho we were 10 minutes late we still got to church even if we slept til 10am! Church starts at 10:57. Breakfast, showers and I even got coffee. I did all of the above with little anxiety however I did not let it take over my morning. I did not do what I normally would done in the past, I would have said there is not enough time and went back to bed.

I put together a template for my Daily Inventory so it will be easier for me to post.

I began my bible reading plan (again) but this time I have made it attainable in my daily schedule.


The following are my confessions of failure:

I continue to avoid large crowds at church.

I continue to avoid in more than small talk with those around me.

I continue to avoid confrontation and my children throughout the day. I have been keeping to myself a lot this weekend, which I am finding allows me to sort through thoughts however i think my children are starting to miss me.

This is how I responded or will respond:

This week is VBS at church for the boys. I will have my quiet time and space to myself while they are gone. Once I pick them up I will make a point to spend quality time with them in the afternoon.

As for church and doing more than small talk... I am not sure how to be sociable anymore. I'm not quite sure what to say. This is something I will have to bring up with my counselor, which I have decided to contact the church this week to find more information about the Lay Counseling Program they have available.

Through the 12 steps I will walk through my failures in recovery. I will be asking about a step- study this Thursday. I want to get started.

Lessons learned .....

Reading the Bible makes the day better.

I have to take charge of my own recovery!

-Did I Read My Bible? yes
-Did I Pray? yes
-Did I Meditate on His word? no
-Did I write in my Gratitude Journal? thats next
-Did I complete a Self Examination? yep!


Watch & pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the body is weak."

No comments:

Post a Comment